Sunday, July 22, 2012

Want to buy some lemonade?

We recently returned from a very long road trip where for the first time I let my son watch movies on a portable dvd player.  He watched eight episodes of Curious George on the way home, including the one where George sells lemonade.  When it was over, and after a second viewing of that episode, my son insisted that he had to make a lemonade stand.  So insistent, that he became obsessed with the idea!  After realizing that we had recycled all of the huge boxes we had saved for so long, he settled for making a sign, with help, and using a table and a chair.  He even created an "employees only" sign for under the table where he stored supplies. 

Thankfully we always have lemonade on hand, along with some little cups.  My son donned his "Home Depot" pocket apron and went to work setting things up.  After selling cups to his parents, his first customer, the neighbor's boyfriend, came over to buy a cup.  My son clammed up and hid under the table!  He is so shy sometimes.  Eventually he adjusted and was able to sell a few more cups to neighbors and cars passing by.  He even told me one lady stopped and gave him a dollar even though she didn't want any lemonade.  He banked all of his quarters before I had a chance to count them, but I think he made about two dollars!  Not bad for a couple of hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts, ideas and feedback. Just be nice!